Thursday, August 14, 2014

Boys Belong Outside

My boys are outside.  All. Day. Long.
Hot, cold, rain, sleet, snow, you get the idea.  They are all boy.  Riding four wheelers, jumping on trampolines, chasing neighborhood dogs, terrorizing ants, trick-or-treating (all year), we even eat lunch outside most days.  
But I'm not much of an outside person.  Don't get me wrong, if it's 60-80 degrees and I have a chair and a glass of wine, I'm IN.  But I just can't get into the outside adventurous stuff.  The idea of fishing or hunting or camping makes me want to twist my ankle and get a Dr's note.  I'm not much of a girly girl but I don't like to be dirty or uncomfortable.  And even more so now than in my twenties and early thirties.  How does a boy mom get used to and eventually enjoy all this sticky, bug infested outsideness?  Anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment